Friday, January 4, 2013

NFL: 2013 Wildcard Picks

Time to come out of blogging retirement and make my NFL Playoff Picks. Here are my rules:

1. Momentum Matters.
2. One team is overhyped, one team is underhyped.
3. When in doubt, take the home team. But pick at least one road team.
4. Destiny Exists.
5. One team is kryptonite.

So let's look at each game in order.

Cincy at Houston

This has got to be an overhype/underhype matchup. Everyone is begging to take Cincy. But tell me this: isn't Cincy just an underexperienced Houston? They have an underwhelming quarterback, one crazy receiver, and a good running game. The difference is Houston is home with the excellent RB who is well rested. So I'll take Houston.

Minnesota at Green Bay

When in doubt, take Aaron Rodgers at home in the playoffs. Simple enough. I'm not putting much thought into this.

Indy at Baltimore

Let's review why I don't believe Destiny exists (in regards to NFL Playoffs): a few years ago, we very noticeably did not get Brett Favre vs Green Bay in the playoffs. I don't think we're getting Luck v. Manning either. Baltimore wins here handily.

Seattle at Washington

I'm supposed to pick a road team. And I hate Seattle, so they might be my kryptonite. I see a very definite possibility of Seattle flaming out, but I'm going to pick them. Maybe I'll be wrong, in which case I'll be ecstatic.



Quick Fantasy Note:

I lost badly (last place) in my work league. I just missed the playoffs in my Seattle league (short by 20 points).

And I won Go Lions! We are the champions... Let's try for a repeat.

No comments: