Friday, May 2, 2008

Iron Man Review

Heck yes!
If the rest of the summer can be this awesome, we're in for a heck of a ride. Looking at the line up of upcoming movies, I'm now wondering if we might have started off spoiled.
Because Iron Man was awesome.
It's a great (perfect?) superhero movie.
Do you remember when you saw the first Spiderman movie? Well I do, and I remember being blown away that someone had done a good comic book movie. That they had brought Spiderman to life. Well, here, they've done just as well, if not better. I know absolutely zero about Iron Man mythology, so I can talk about the little sly nods to fans, but I do know this - any sequel of Iron Man just jumped into my must see list.
Robert Downey Jr is perfect as Tony Stark. He's batman, but never bothered to learn any sissy martial arts. Just decided to create a human tank. Terence Howard is also pretty awesome as his friend Rhodes, and his line at the end - "Next time baby..." That is such a perfect set up for a sequel that I love it. Everyone in the theater knew it too, and loved it.
Here's the best praise I can give for Iron Man - immediately after seeing it, my desire to learn how to weld went up a hundred fold - simply so I can make my own Iron Man suit.

No comments: