Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Week 3: What do we know so far? (Hint: Nothing)

Buffalo and Detroit are both 2-0. Indy and KC are 0-2. Cam Newton has 2000 yards already, and Brady is on pace for 7500 yards.

Wait, what?

Yeah. It's that sort of season. But lest you forget... We know nothing after two weeks. We'll see what we find out this week, as there are some good barometer games.

Week 2 Correct Picks: Tennessee, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Arizona, Cincinnatti, Houston, Atlanta (upset 1-1), New York Giants
Week 2 Incorrect Picks: Oakland, Kansas City, Cleveland, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville (Lock 1-1), Green Bay, San Diego,
Week 2 Push: Dallas

Week 2: 8-7-1
Total: 17-13-2

Week 3 Games:
New England at Buffalo (NE by 9): I still don't know if I believe in Buffalo, but I'm picking up Fitzpatrick and playing him this week in place of Vick. And because Buffalo can score, I'm thinking New England can't quite cover this week.
San Francisco at Cincinnati (Cin by 3): Knowing my luck, this will be the game on TV, and I'll have to shoot myself. I'll take San Fran I guess.
Miami at Cleveland (Cle by 3): And if SF/Cin isn't on TV, it's a lock that this game will be. Ugh. I'll take Miami, as they are a decent road team.
Denver at Tennessee (Ten by 7): Every year there's one conference that's just weird - A beats B, who beats C, who beats A. Pretty sure it's the AFC South this year. We'll know for sure once Houston has to play Ten or Jax. For now, I'm going to pick Tennessee in this game because Denver sucks.
Detroit at Minnesota (Det by 4): Here's what I'm stuck with: I'm picking against Detroit every week from here on out. Right now they're on a streak and I won't be the one who ruins that. So I take Minnesota here.
Houston at New Orleans (NO by 4): Actually, the Houston bandwagon is pretty quiet this year. Everyone's waiting for the bottom to fall out. And sure, why not this game, right? Except that New Orleans is pretty porous when it comes to defense. So I'm thinking Houston is my Upset of the Week (and then falls apart next week).
New York Giants at Philadelphia (N/A): No line because Vick is probably out. I would imagine the line being PHI by 3 with no Vick, and by 5 or 6 with Vick. I'm taking Philly here.
Jacksonville at Carolina (Car by 4): Sure why, not. Cam Newton over Luke McCown.
New York Jets at Oakland (NY by 4): I just hate the Jets. I don't even care. Aren't they due for a stinker where Sanchez sucks? I'll take Oakland.
Baltimore at St Louis (Bal by 4): The good new is that even if St Louis starts 0-4 they'll only be a game or two behind (and they're starting 0-3).
Kansas City at San Diego (SD by 15): This has a weird trap game feel to it, in my opinion. Everyone has written off Kansas City and also penciled Philip Rivers in for the MVP. But did we all forget that San Diego can't win until November? They nearly blew it to Minnesota and then did blow it to New England. But... KC has been blown out in three or four games straight (going back to last season). I don't know. I guess I'll take San Diego and then laugh if they lose this game.
Green Bay at Chicago (GB by 4): Chicago tends to elicit these weird 10-3 games when they play Green Bay. It's like Rodgers can't quite figure them out. That being said, I like the chances that Cutler is sacked three or four times early and then spends the rest of the game giving death glares to his o-line. So I'll take Green Bay.
Arizona at Seattle (Ari by 4): Eh, I'll take Seattle here, I guess. Homefield advantage. After all, if they don't win here, aren't they going 0-16?
Atlanta at Tampa Bay (TB by 1): Josh Freeman keeps doing it. And Atlanta is coming off the big "phew" game. (Although so is Tampa). But the advantage lies with Josh Freeman over Matt Ryan.
Pittsburgh at Indianapolis (Pit by 11): Man, Pittsburgh got blessed with some pretty easy games to wash that Baltimore stink off, huh? I don't think Indy is worse than Seattle, but I don't even think Pittsburgh played that well last week. So I'll take Pittsburgh here, and throw down a Lock of the Week for it.
Washington at Dallas (N/A): No line because of the Tony Romo injury. I like Dallas a little bit here, with Romo, and lean heavily towards Washington if he doesn't play. And since he probably isn't playing, I'll stick with Washington.

Fantasy Update:

Cristaball: I won 123-100 despite the Oakland D/ST putting up -4 points. This team is certainly turning out much better than I could have hoped for. Flipping Kolb and Manning each week seems to be working - although I'll be keeping Kolb for this week against Seattle.

Go Lions: I won 133-109, despite Lloyd not playing at the last minute and netting me a goose egg. Unfortunately, even in the win, I have issues, as this is my Vick team. I'm hoping to snag Fitzpatrick off of waivers; I don't like Bradford (my backup QB's) matchup this week.

Emerald City Eight: I won quite handily - 147 to 86. This is what I imagined this team doing week one. I'm hoping that was a fluke and we'll continue to rack up a lot of points - and I like this weeks matchup with Jackson and Gates playing KC.

1 comment:

David Morgan said...

Good picks mate. I'm gonna try to finish mine up tonight.
you're kicking my butt so far this year.