Thursday, September 13, 2012

NFL 12 - Week 2

Rough week. 5-11 against the spread, and 1-2 in Fantasy. I lost one fantasy game by 1.9 points - about 19 yards. Let's move on to this weeks picks (lines are from ESPN):

Bears at Packers (GB under 5): Week 2 is week of the Mirage in the NFL. Who's a mirage and who's for real? Is Green Bay falling down this year, or are the Bears the unstoppable superbowl juggernaut? I'm not sure yet - but I know that GB and CHI usually play close. I predict that GB wins by a field goal, so I like the under.

Chiefs at Bills (Buf under 3): I like me some Jamaal Charles this week, and I like K-City straight up.

Browns at Bengals (Cin Over 7): Take the over here. Rookie qb on the road.

Vikings at Colts (Min Over 2): So the most likely scenario after two weeks - Minnesota all alone in first place in the NFC north. Did you see that coming?

Raiders at Dolphins (Oak Over 3): I'm annoyed that I lost my Oakland pick last week because of a long snapper. Also, Dave has to be a bit worried about San Diego, as they didn't look like rockstars. I'll take Oakland here (Miami is paradoxically much worse at home).

Cardinals at Patriots (NE over 14): A huge line, and maybe too much. Arizona is better than we give them credit for, but I still like the Pats.

Bucs at Giants (NY Over 7): I like New York to bounce back and trounce the Bucs.

Ravens at Eagles (PHI Under 3): How exactly are these two teams even? Even if you could talk me into thinking the offenses are equal (game changing rb's, deep wr's,), the defense of Baltimore should give them more points. I like Baltimore.

Saints at Panthers (NO Over 3): Well, if they don't win this one, I'm going to start worrying about Drew Brees in my auction league.

Texans at Jaguars (Hou Over 8): Blaine Gabbert... I don't trust him against a mediocre team.

Redskins at Rams (WSH Over 3): Whoa, RGIII. Slow your roll. When does the hype train stop? Not this week.

Cowboys at Seahawks (Dal Under 3): Seattle has a great home field. Dallas is due (already) for their choke game where they want to hang Tony Romo afterwards. I guess if I was picking upsets this is it.

Jets at Steelers (Pit Over 6): Jets were a mirage fueled by a crappy Buffalo defense. Pittsburgh may try to murder Tebow if they can.

Titans at Chargers (SD Under 6): SD did not look good. Titans looked ok, just outclassed. I like Tennessee to show up and keep it close.

Lions at 49ers (SF Over 7): Look, I don't know. The smart pick is the over. My heart wants to rebel and say "But the Lions might backdoor cover!" But don't pick on that (Look at last weeks Indy/Chicago pick). I'll pick SF over.

Broncos at Falcons (ATL Under 3): The loss of Brent Grimes hurts bad, and this is not the week to start playing without him. And never ever bet against Peyton Manning on a nationally televised game.

Fantasy: I'm favored in two leagues this week, and a big underdog in one. But I'm pretty sure they've vastly underprojected the Law-Firm and Joe Flacco, who roped me back in.

No comments: