Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Silly Christianity - 1

Christians have several terms for people who aren't christians: lost, damned, pagans, unholy, etc. The term "Unreached People Groups" covers all of these categories. When I was in college, I learned an acronym that helpfully puts all the UPG into one easy to remember term:
THUMB
THUMB acronymizes (word?) into Tribes, Hindus, Undeclared (agnostic or atheistic, but THUMB is easier to remember than THAMB), Muslims, Buddhists. It also helps us as christians strategize in our secret planning meetings - cries of "I've got U under control, someone else take B!" are not unheard of.

I think that this list is incomplete, lacking traditionally one of the most unreached people groups in the world.
I would modify it to THUMBZ - Tribes, Hindus, Undeclared, Muslims, Buddhists, and Zombies.

Based on my exhaustive research, there are currently ZERO christian ministries primarily focussed on saving zombies, and the zombie population remains at a 0% conversion rate.

For shame, christendom, for shame.