Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fantasy Football Preview

Before I get going, just go read Dave's Blog. He's got way better info and is much more of an expert. I'll speak of trends and my thoughts and predictions.

First, my draft order:

1. Chris Johnson, TEN.
2. Adrian Peterson, MIN.
3. Maurice Jones Drew, JAX.
4. Ray Rice, BAL.
5. Philip Rivers, SD.
6. Michael Turner, ATL.
7. Frank Gore, SF.
8. Andre Johnson, HOU.
9. Tom Brady, NE.
10. Aaron Rodgers, GB.
11. Anquan Boldin, BAL.
12. Drew Brees, NO.

That's all subject to change of course. Here are my thoughts:

Elite vs Average: In every position, get an elite player if you can. But if you can't, don't worry - it's the average players who win the day. For example, in my mind, there are 5 elite running backs and 4 or 5 elite quarter backs, and 3 or 4 elite wide receivers. And a couple of elite tight ends. If you want to reach to take one of those players, do it. But otherwise, stock up on the good guys that people are passing with their reaches.

One Quarterback: Take one elite quarterback and then stock up on RB's and WR's. If necessary, I can pick up a free agent quarterback for the bye week and live on.]

Don't be dumb: Take a defense and kicker in the 12th and 13th rounds. Maybe even pass on a kicker if you can get some decent trade bait.

Mark Thursday Night Games: Last year I got messed up by Thursday night games... Because I'm on the West Coast, I needed to have my line up set by wednesday night. I need to remember those or end with a substandard lineup.

And Finally: After that above list, I'll be working on best available and filling my needs. Pretty simple.

1 comment:

David Morgan said...

very concise but wise thoughts. i have to say that phillip rivers as your #1 QB is a bit carzy considering vincent jackson's suspension and the left tackle is holding out ...

also, i would say there's a lot more than 3 or 4 elite receivers. probably more like 8 or 9. but yeah, 5 QBs and 5 RBs is about right. however, i don't think Rivers is one of those guys ...

i'm stoked for the draft next tuesday!