Thursday, November 18, 2010

NFL: Week 11 Picks

Bears at Dolphins: Don't back a crappy team on the road. But I've been letting my bias for Chicago play into my picks all year, and that hasn't worked well for me. I'm still taking the Dolphins - but if Chicago wins this week I may need to stop picking against them.

Bengals at Bills: Ugh. I hope this isn't the game they decide to play here in Seattle. Which, by the way, shows the crappiest games each week! If I'm not stuck watching Seattle (who seriously haven't played an exciting game all year - each week they either get blown out or the other team doesn't show up), then I'm stuck watching the dumb Vikings or something. I guess I'll take the Bengals.

Lions at Cowboys: Don't foresee that road streak ending this week. Although, it would be like the Cowboys this season to blow this game by 40 points. I'll still take the Cowboys and dare Detroit to make me wrong.

Redskins at Titans: Both teams come off losses; Tennessee's may have been more devastating as far as playoff hopes go. Now Ten has a very tight race in the AFC South where they could have been in a tie with the Colts. I think on home turf I'll take the Titans. Moss? I predict he gets 5 catches, 40 yards, and a garbage TD. Actually, I hope he does that well.

Cardinals at Chiefs: Um, Chiefs. Cardinals just have no weapons; they get to be next years Carolina Panthers.

Packers at Vikings: Don't let the door hit you on the way out Brett! Because once Rodgers embarasses you (again) I can't imagine you'll stick around much longer. Whether that's your choice, or Childress's, or Zygi's, I don't know. Side note: Isn't Zygi Wilf the coolest owner name in Pro Football?

Texans at Jets: I don't know. I want so badly to pick against the Jets, who are the clearly the worst 7-2 team. But here's the truth - Matt Schaub was in the hospital for a ?bursa? sac. Or something. And if that's the case... Dan Orlovsky. So I'll be safe and pick the Jets.

Raiders at Steelers: Ooh, possible upset pick. But I still don't buy the Raiders. This maybe their toughest game, so if they win on Sunday then I'll start giving them respect. Until then, I'll pick the Steelers.

Ravens at Panthers: Ravens by a mile? Actually, this could be one of those games where the Ravens win 13-3 or something. I'm starting Joe Flacco (as of now, perhaps change my mind by the end of this post) and hoping for the best.

Browns at Jaguars: Two teams that show up against superior teams and suck against inferior teams. I guess I'll take the Browns as my upset as the Jags are still probably celebrating after that crazy Hail Mary.

Falcons at Rams: Don't be a hero. I'll take the Falcons. I like the Rams in this game to keep it close; it's just that the Falcons have the ability to come through in the clutch. Roddy White pushing a guy down can do that for you, I guess.

Seahawks at Saints: La-la-lock! Here's a cool one: this is possibly a preview of the first round of the playoffs. Seahawks are going to win their crappy division (unless San Fran manages to pull it out, which is not entirely impossible) and take the 4th seed. So they're going to play the 5th seed, who will probably have 2-3 more wins on their record. So Seattle will play the fifth seed, which will be either Atlanta/New Orleans or New York/Philadelphia. At this point, I'm thinking it will be New Orleans. So New Orleans will come to Seattle and just flat out blow Pete Carroll out of the water. I'm so excited I'm getting tingles.

Buccaneers at 49ers: San Francisco, taking cards from San Diego play book? Crap out the first two months, then be good enough to squeak a playoff berth? I'll take San Fran this week.

Colts at Patriots: In 2008, the Detroit Red Wings had to play the Colorado Avalanche in the second round of the playoffs. There was quite a bit of history to that rivalry. What happened? Detroit blew Colorado out in 4 games, where Johan Franzen singlehandedly outscored the entire Colorado team. Why am I writing about this now? In some ways, this game feels like that - people are excited to renew the rivalry between these two perennial AFC champions. I have a sneaking suspicion we're about to find out that it isn't close anymore. I just have really zero idea who that favors. Guess I'm sticking with home team - New England.

Giants at Eagles: This (along with the IND/NE game) is a game of the week, in my opinion. For the lead in the division, am I right, or am I right? I'll take the Eagles; the only hope New York has is to hurt Vick early. Vick is a madman this year. Well, I guess he was always a madman. Literally. I like puppies.

Broncos at Chargers: Chargers have the third ranked pass defense. Bronco's have no running game, really. So I'm gonna take the Chargers. (and in researching the pass defense, I have decided to stick with Joe Flacco as my Fantasy QB this week).

No comments: