Thursday, December 2, 2010

NFL: Week 13 Picks

A quick programming note: I'm done with the separate picks/reviews column. Next Wednesday there will be one column - review of week 13, preview of week 14. This must be done, so I feel like I have time to write something else during the week as well. If you don't like it, tough.

The Picks:

Texans at Eagles: This is the relative order of things: Vick > Texans Defense > Rusty Smith. Search your heart; you know this to be true.

Saints at Bengals: Does anyone believe the Bengals are any good? If they fired their coach, I would start to consider them. Stick with the Saints.

Bears at Lions: I'm taking Detroit as my revenge upset. Don't try to talk me out of it.

49ers at Packers: Troy Smith in the snow? Without Frank Gore? Please. Green Bay had so many chances to win last week - if McCarthy threw a challenge flag on any of five separate plays, they probably would have won, and we'd be talking about Green Bay as the best team in the country.

Jaguars at Titans: Flip a coin to see which team shows up. I heard Kerry Collins is playing, so I'll take Tennessee. Question: if Tennessee doesn't win another game this year, do we blame Vince Young or Randy Moss for the season torpedo?

Broncos at Chiefs: Chiefs looked pretty dominant last week. But hey lost very badly to Denver three weeks ago (the finger wagging game!) Plus, let's be honest. The Chiefs looked dominant against ... Seattle. My college flag football team would look good against Seattle, and we were a team of d-bags (even moreso than Cincy!). I'm taking the Chiefs, but I don't feel good about it.

Browns at Dolphins: Who cares. Dolphins.

Bills at Vikings: More who cares. Vikings.

Redskins at Giants: When the Giants win, they look preposterously good (minus last week). When they lose, they look preposterously bad. I think they'll post a good game this week.

Raiders at Chargers: Ah, the Chargers annual late bid for the playoffs. Do you think next year they should play their backups until week 5/6 and then play everyone? That would work right? (I pick SD).

Cowboys at Colts: What if the Colts lose this game? Can you imagine a situation where the Colts don't make it into the playoffs? It's a crazy game with a lot on the line for the Colts, and nothing on the line for Dallas. So, one of two things will happen. Manning will A) be clutch and win on the last drive in some spectacular fashion or B) fall under the pressure and throw a few more picks and lose badly again. I'm not picking against Manning three weeks in a row. It's been a good ride, but I'll go back to safety and take Manning.

Rams at Cardinals: Could the Cardinals go the rest of the season without scoring a touchdown? Believe it. I'll take the Rams. (Although I hope the Cards win so we can see what the worst possible record for a division champ could be).

Panthers at Seahawks: Don't back a crappy team on the road - I'll take Seahawks. See the Cardinals for why I hope Carolina wins though.

Falcons at Buccaneers: I already played an upset so I'll stick with the Falcons.

Steelers at Ravens: I'll take the Ravens. Can I set the Lock of the Week that this game is 13-10? Eh, probably not smart. I'll save the Lock...

Jets at Patriots: ...For this game! Patriots. Lock. I will never forgive you Bill Belichick if you let Mark Sanchez and Rex Ryan get a 1 seed. And that is that.

1 comment:

David Morgan said...

I think if the Titans go winless the rest of the way (which is entirely possible) we've got to blame Moss. they were all just fine before he got there.

good picks. i have to disagree on teh Lions. .. you know Drew Stanton is starting yes?