Friday, February 18, 2011

Strengths: Woo

Strength #4: Woo

Wait, what does that mean? Woo apparently stands for "Winning others over." I derive satisfaction from meeting new people and making connections.I 'exude an exuberant outlook towards life' while 'regale people with illuminating accounts of incidents in my life.' Basically - I like being around people and charming them.

How do I use this knowledge? Suggested action steps:

Deliberately build the network of people who know me.
Learn the names of as many people as I can.
Whenever possible, be one of the first people others meet.
Practice ways to charm and engage others.
Partner with a person who is skilled in relating or empathy, so they can grow the relationships I cultivate.
Practice telling stories. I want to be a great storyteller (which relates to another one of my upcoming talents, hint hint), and to do that I need to practice more - identify what elements of story work and what don't.

Roles in which I would succeed: A job in which I can interact with many people over the course of a day (receptionist?)

I think this relates to how I am interested in small group communities.I like being in group settings and charming people. It reminds me of conversations my wife and I had when we were getting married - because she is very skilled in relating and empathizing (not my cup of tea, by any means). We were excited about the partnership - because she can relate one on one, and I can relate in group settings. I'm excited to see that identified as a positive step, and one I've started working on.

No comments: