Friday, February 4, 2011

Superbowl Analysis

First, I felt like I should share this video of the Marshawn Lynch Run:


So I'm at 3-7 throughout the playoffs - not a great batting average. I'll end at either 27% or 36% - by far my worst ever postseason picks percentage.

My season average is 58%, no matter where my Superbowl pick ends up. That's not a bad average, I don't think. Average, anyway (and 4% better than Dave).

And the Superbowl Pick...

We have Pittsburgh and Green Bay, with Green Bay being favored by 2.5.

Pittsburgh is more balanced; Green Bay is more explosive.

Here's the truth... When it comes to the Superbowl, you never know. The game can go anyway, and it's usually not the way you want it to go.

There's something about having to focus on just one game that really trips your brain up. When I was making regular season picks, it was much easier - because there are so many you can't really put detailed analysis into it.

So, onto my Superbowl picks. That's right, I said picks.

Bird Bowl Pick: Did you know that the Packers are named after their first sponsor - a moving company? So it's the equivalent of those shady furniture movers or a steel worker - I'll take the steel worker.

Spread Pick: If there's one team that would keep it close, it's Pittsburgh. If there's one team that would blow it wide open, it's Green Bay. I'm going to take Green Bay, I guess.

Head Pick: Green Bay in a dome. That's all I need.

Heart Pick: Green Bay Packers. I hope they win.

3/4 picks go to the Packers. So there ya go.

1 comment:

David Morgan said...

I got the Packers too, as you probably saw when you were on my blog realizing that you were 4% better than me.