Friday, October 9, 2009

What Difference Do It Make Review

What Difference Do It Make by Ron Hall

First a disclaimer - I picked this book up without realizing it was a sequel. The grammatically challenged title interested me, and even if the subtitle screamed "Goodwill Bargain Book" I thought it might be worth trying.
And it certainly was.
What Difference Do It Make is a thought provoking and inspiring little book; it's also a remarkably quick read! Full of heartwarming stories told either from Ron's educated and thoroughly biased lens and also from Denver's charming street speak, it's got a little something for everyone.
I particularly enjoyed some of the moments where the authors would 'step back' from themselves and look at some of the ripples that were a result of the power of the first book. I can't help but be moved when I read stories of children raising money to help bless the homeless, or of people's lives changed when they actually encounter the poor.
Really, that's the difference it does make. 4/5.
Reviewed for Thomas Nelson Publishers

No comments: