Monday, September 28, 2009

Nerd Files - 2

One of my newer hobbies is tabletop wargaming. Which may be the nerdiest thing I've ever said. Here's how tabletop wargaming works:

You buy expensive and overpriced "miniatures" which resemble detailed army men.

You paint said miniatures in whatever way you would like.

You realize you do not have the correct miniatures for your army. You swear.

You get more expensive and overpriced miniatures.

You play a game which involves rolling dice and pretend shooting other armies.

You swear at the megaskilled 12 year old.

Rinse and repeat.

Right now, I'm playing an Ultramarines army. Comprised of battle-hardened space marines, I'm currently 0-1, having lost to a Chaos Marines army. I had sound tactics, but horrible dice rolling and bad luck in general.

Tune in soon for a philosophical discussion - to repaint or not to repaint...