Tuesday, September 21, 2010

NFL: Week 2 Review

What an ugly weekend of football. Every game I watched was just ugly. Brett Favre throws 12 interceptions at the 1 yard line? Joe Flacco throws 4 interceptions in a game that scored a bakers dozen of field goals? MARK FREAKING SANCHEZ winning? (I hate Mark Sanchez.)

Ugly. And So here's my picks review. As always, my picks in italics, with actual winners bolded.

Ravens at Bengals
Cowboys at Bears
Cardinals at Falcons
Bills at Packers
Eagles at Lions
Steelers at Titans
Chiefs at Browns
Bucs at Panthers
Dolphins at Vikings
Seahawks at Broncos
Rams at Raiders
Patriots at Jets
Texans at Redskins
Jaguars at Chargers
Giants at Colts
Saints at 49ers

Week: 8-8.
Record: 18-14

Upset of the Week: 1-1
Lock of the Week: 0-2

Lock of the Week: Might be better off picking against my "Mortal Lock of the Week." Although, to be fair, I haven't been picking the 'easy' teams like Green Bay or the Saints. I've picked San Diego and Carolina. Next week I'll play it safe (I'll take Minnesota!)

Bird Bowl: I tossed about the idea of picking the most ferocious animal last week. Here's how Bird Bowl (trademark pending!) picking would have worked out: 3-1. (Eagles-Lions being the loss.) I (only nominally following Bird Bowl Picking) went 3-1 anyway (missing the Ravens/Bengals). Perhaps a modified Bird Bowl picking system would work well - pick the most ferocious animal, unless that animal is a lion.

Fantasy Football: Lost by 9 points. I was doing well until Frank Gore scored 28 points. Thank God I benched Flacco and played Orton - that looked damn near prescient.

A Curse on You: Dave Morgan. Why did I ever get suckered into that trade (Flacco, Deangelo Williams, and Felix Jones for Rodgers and Beanie Wells)? The only player out of those 5 thats played well is Rodgers. A pox on you and your family! But on the flip side, I'm 18-14 (picking games outright) and you're 17-15 (picking against the spread). So I'm 3% better at picking through the first two weeks. Take that.

1 comment:

David Morgan said...

apparently we both suck at making Lock of the Week picks.

i think deangelo will start to pick it up for you soon. felix jones looks like a real turd.