Wednesday, September 29, 2010

NFL: Week 4 Picks

Quick thoughts for Week 4:

49ers at Falcons: Classic letdown game for Atlanta, and sheer desperation game for San Francisco. Take the 49ers. That's my Upset of the Week.

Jets at Bills: Uh, Jets. Bills looked frisky against the Patriots, but the Jets may actually have a defense.

Bengals at Browns: Really good defense (Cincinnati) meets really inept offense (Cleveland). Bengals.

Lions at Packers: Jeez, when it rains it pours in Detroit. If Green Bay wins last week against Chicago, the Lions maybe have a chance to spoil in this game. But as it is, I expect Green Bay to play their best game of the year and smoke em. I'm talking 40 or 50 points put up on the hapless Detroit secondary. Green Bay is the Lock of the Week.

Broncos at Titans: Home team, Chris Johnson, yada yada yada. And I just realized that my two fantasy quarterbacks are playing Tennesee (7th ranked defense, 178.3 passing yards per game) or Pittsburgh (6th ranked defense, 219 passing yards per game). That's not great. So I'm thinking Titans win this one.

Seahawks at Rams: I have no idea. My soul withers at the thought of Pete Carroll starting off 3-1, but I can't talk myself into the Rams winning two weeks in a row. Here's my new rule: don't let my hatred cloud my judgement. I'll take the Seahawks.

Panthers at Saints: Big bounce back game for the Saints.

Ravens at Steelers: At home? I'd normally take Pittsburgh. However... I think there's a little bit of Pittsburgh that will take this game easy so as to not make it too much of a controversy when Big Ben Ruthlessraper comes back. So I'll take the Ravens.

Texans at Raiders: Um, Texans. I think.

Colts at Jaguars: Colts.

Redskins at Eagles: Home turf... But I predict a last minute drive by McNabb that falls short, leading to the Eagles victory.

Cardinals at Chargers: Home turf, coming off a bad loss, Chargers all the way.

Bears at Giants: Let down game for the bears, and bounce back game for the Giants. Take the Giants...

Patriots at Dolphins: I don't know. I would guess Bill Belicheck will clamp down and the Patriots will win a defensive slugfest, 13-7 or something.

X-Factor: Bounceback games. Will the Chargers, Saints, and Packers reverse fortunes? They all came off close losses last week and I picked them all to win this week.

No comments: