Thursday, September 23, 2010

NFL: Week 3 Picks

Rough week last week. And this week promises to be rough as well; still don't really know where any of these teams rate. Let's just jump in.

49ers at Chiefs: Have never bought into the San Francisco hype. However... I don't buy into the Chiefs hype either. Gotta stick with the home team though.

Lions at Vikings: This is the story of Lions fan. Every single game we play, I convince myself that we could win. Right now, I'm wondering if Favre is finally washed up. I'm wondering if the last two close games haven't been flukes. I'm wondering if Kyle Vandenbosch will continue to lead in tackles. I'm wondering if Suh will get into Favre's head. I'm wondering if Jahvid Best will make mincemeat of the Minnesota defense. And so, once again, I have talked myself into taking Detroit. Do I even have to say this is my upset of the week?

Bills at Patriots: Patriots by a mile - perhaps literally? Could the Patriots score a mile's worth of yards against the Bills ? Probably not, but I'll still take the Patriots.

Falcons at Saints: The Saints are the Colts of the NFC, except they have a soul. I wouldn't advise picking against them, so I'll take New Orleans (home turf!).

Titans at Giants: Two teams that looked real good week 1 playing crappy teams and real bad week 2 playing good teams. We did just watch Indianapolis (!) run all over NY, so I'm guessing Chris Johnson will break 200 yards, and thus will take the Titans.
Steelers at Buccaneers: Sorry Bucs. Time for those hopes to start circling the drain.

Bengals at Panthers: Panthers are really just awful, huh? I'll take the Bengals; we should see some fireworks from Ochocinco and Owens this week. X-Factor: Is Jimmy Clausen the next coming... or is he a rookie quarterback playing on an awful team?

Browns at Ravens: Flacco rebound! He better, or I might renounce Fantasy Football forever. On the other hand, if the Browns lose, they pretty much sink my dark horse pick. Which, at this point, I'm okay with abandoning. Ravens for the easy win.

Cowboys at Texans: Texans are bound to lose, right? Two emotional games in a row, while the cowboys are desperate? I'll take Dallas in my lock of the week.
Redskins at Rams: Rams are bound to win one eventually, right?And Washington is bound to have a sluggish game after their heartbreaking loss to Houston. My heart wants to give it to St Louis... But my head isn't dumb. I'll pick Washington.

Eagles at Jaguars: Are the Eagles a bad team masquerading as a good team? Are the Jaguars a good team masquerading as a bad team? Could Michael Vick do anything more to provoke Dave Morgan? How many hypothetical questions can I ask before making a pick? Can I just refuse to make a pick? Fine, I'll take the Jaguars. Anything that stirs the pot in Philly. (Also, Bird Bowl Pick!)

Colts at Broncos: Easy money on the Colts. Denver isn't a good team, but they can sometimes beat mediocre teams. Not the Colts. (Bird Bowl Note: Bird Bowl Picking marks this as a tie: Colts and Broncos are both horses, and I don't really care enough to look up the difference between the two.)

Raiders at Cardinals: Two crappy teams, right? Can you back a crappy team on the road? Probably not. Take the Cardinals.

Chargers at Seahawks: Don't believe in the Seahawks. Chargers should win.

Jets at Dolphins: Ugh. Jets without Revis, huh? He didn't make much of an impact against the Patriots. But... Edwards being a moron hurts too. Gotta take the Dolphins; they're less distracted.

Packers at Bears: Packers... Duh!

1 comment:

David Morgan said...

love your picks.
pretty gutsy taking Dallas as a lock.
and detroit as the upset of the week is a real stab in the dark. i hope you're right though!